National Register of Citizens (NRC)
- The NRC authorities have submitted to the Gauhati High Court an affidavit.
- This affidavit reportedly containing the details of “illegal foreigners”.
- Whose names had crept into the updated list of citizens released in 2019.
- Some 19.06 lakh out of 3.3 crore applicants were excluded from the complete draft NRC published on August 31, 2019.
- It was later found that some “ineligible people”
- those without papers establishing their domicile in Assam before March 24, 1971,
- had been included in the citizens’ list.
Understand the details about NRC
Credit: Zee News
Quadrilateral Strategic Dialogue (Quad)
- Russia has called the four-nation Quad a “devious policy” by western powers to engage India in “anti-China games”.
The quadrilateral security dialogue includes Japan, India, United States, and Australia.
All four nations find a common ground and interest,
They are democratic nations
All want unhindered maritime trade and security.
- Members share a vision of an open and free Indo-Pacific.
- Each is involved in the development and economic projects as well as in promoting maritime domain awareness and maritime security.
- It is one of the many avenues for interaction among India, Australia, Japan, and the US and should not be seen in an exclusive context.
Understand the Topic
Credit: China Observer – Vision Times
Undersea Optical Fibre Cable
- The Union Cabinet has approved the laying of undersea optical fiber cable to connect 11 islands of Lakshadweep with Kochi by May 2023.
- To help improve broadband connectivity in the Union Territory.
- The project will be funded by the Universal Service Obligation Fund.
- This would improve telecommunication facilities in Lakshadweep by providing large bandwidth.
- It will play a vital role in the delivery of e-governance services
- Enhance potential development of fisheries, coconut-based industries, high-value tourism, educational development, and healthcare.
Understand the topic
Credit: Dainik Jagran – दैनिक जागरण