- The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has put up a chain barricade to prevent people from touching or climbing the Hampi Chariot.
About the Chariot:
- The chariot inside the Vijaya Vittala Temple complex is a shrine dedicated to Garuda.
- The temple architecture is under the patronage of Vijayanagara rulers who reigned from 14th to 17th century CE.
- It is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- It is multi-religious and multi-ethnic; it included Hindu and Jain monuments next to each other.
- The buildings here predominantly followed South Indian Hindu arts and architecture dating to the Aihole-Pattadakal styles.
- But it also has elements of Indo-Islamic architecture in the Lotus Mahal, the public bath, and the elephant stables.
Create memories for Hampi
credit : Steps Together
- The J&K administration has sought modifications to the High Court judgment passed on October 9.
- It declared the 2001 Roshni Act null and void in the Union Territory (UT)
- It directed authorities to end the ownership rights of occupants of government land.
- A large number of common people would suffer unintentionally.
- This includes landless cultivators and individuals who are themselves residing in dwellings in small areas.
- They are unfortunately clubbed along with rich and wealthy land grabbers.
A Brief History
- It was Enacted in 2001.
- The law sought to regularise unauthorized land.
- The Act envisaged the transfer of ownership rights of state land to its occupants, subject to the payment of a cost, as determined by the government.
- The government envisaged the revenue generated would be spent on commissioning hydroelectric power projects, hence the name “Roshni”.
- In 2009, the State Vigilance Organisation registered an FIR against several government officials for alleged criminal conspiracy to illegally possess and vest ownership of state land.
- CAG report blamed irregularities including an arbitrary reduction in prices fixed by a standing committee and said this was done to benefit politicians and affluent people.
Understand the topic
Credit: Zee News
- NGT directed the Odisha government to prepare an action plan within three months on 14 identified elephant corridors for providing stress-free migration to elephants from one habitation to another in the State.
Why Corridors are important
The movement of elephants is essential to ensure that their populations are genetically viable.
It also helps to regenerate forests on which other species, depend.
Nearly 40% of elephant reserves are vulnerable, as they are not within protected parks and sanctuaries.
Also, migration corridors have no specific legal protection.
Forests that have turned into farms and unchecked tourism are blocking animals’ paths.
Animals are thus forced to seek alternative routes resulting in increased elephant-human conflict.
Weak regulation of ecotourism is severely impacting important habitats.
- credit: Nature Conservation Foundation
HL-2M Tokamak reactor
- China successfully powered up its “artificial sun” nuclear fusion reactor.
- It is China’s largest and most advanced nuclear fusion experimental research device.
- The mission is named Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST).
- It is located in Sichuan province.
- It uses a powerful magnetic field to fuse hot plasma and can reach temperatures ten times hotter than the core of the sun.
Create a memory of HL-2M Tokamak reactor
Credit: Tech Insider