Pagri Sambhal Jatta Movement, 1907
- Some analysts are finding the present farmer’s protest similar to the farmer protests in 1907.
- In 1907, the farmers protested against three British laws namely
- Punjab land colonization act
- Doab Bari act
- Punjab land alienation act
- In 1879, the British government constructed a Canal to draw water from the Chenab river to Lyallpur.
- This was done to set up settlements in an uninhabited area.
- Britishers promised allotment of free land with several amenities.
- The peasants left behind their land and property and settled in the new areas to make the barren land fit for cultivation.
- The British government enacted three laws
- declared themselves the master of the land
- denied the ownership rights of the peasants.
- These laws reduced the farmers to sharecroppers.
- Ajit Singh Sandhu spearheaded a movement against the laws.
- This was later called the Pagri Sambhal Jatta movement.
- Pagri Sambhal Jatta was a song composed by Banke Dayal.
- He was the editor of Jhang Sayal.
- The song soon became the anthem of the movement.
- The Pagri Sambhal Jatta movement began to spread from the peasants to the Army.
- The British government withdrew its laws.
- It also returned the ownership of the land to the peasants.
Urban Governance Index
- The Praja Foundation recently released the Urban Governance Index.
- Odisha topped the list of states
- Manipur and Nagaland were at the bottom.
About the index
- The ranking was done based on urban governance reforms.
- The ranks have been awarded to the states based on their local self-Government and grass-root democracy.
- Municipal bodies are lagging to provide effective governance at the local level.
- Not a single state has evolved all the 18 functions to the municipal bodies.
Understand the Index
Credit: Praja Foundation
- Nokia has begun its production of the next generation of 5G Equipment in India.
- It is the first in India to manufacture 5G NR in India.
- 5G NR is 5G New Radio.
- It is a new radio access technology developed for the fifth-generation mobile network.
- It was designed to be the standard for the interface of 5G networks.
- The 5G New Radio (NR) is a recent development in the telecommunication systems
- It has been designed to become the benchmark for the air interface of 5G networks.
- The 5G NR provides significant enhancements in like better operational flexibility, scalability, and efficiency, both in terms of power usage and spectrum.
Create a memory for 5G NR
- It is an acronym for Public Wi-Fi Access Network Interface.
- Recently Central Government approved the setting up of Wi-Fi Networks all over India.
- The PM-WANI will promote the growth of Wi-Fi networks in the country.
- Around one crore data centres are to be set up to launch the massive Wi-Fi network.
- There will be no registration fee no license fee to set up the Wi-Fi network or the data centres.
- The Public Wi-Fi Networks are to be set up by Public Data Office Aggregators (PDOAs).
- The public Wi-Fi services are to be provided through Public Data Offices.
Credit: Tech Tak