"Sarna Code" Resolution
- Jharkhand General Assembly passed a resolution demanding a separate ‘Sarna Code’ for Tribals.
The Resolution seeks a separate column for followers of the Sarna religion in Census 2021.
- The Sarna religion followers are worshippers of nature. They do not consider themselves Hindus.
Read with Visualization
Capital Goods Sector
- The government of India set up an inter-ministerial committee to strengthen the capital goods sectors.
The committee will look into issues pertaining to the Capital goods sector. This includes global value chains, skill training, global standards, custom duties
Stimulus Package 4.0
The Finance Minister announced the Economic Stimulus Package 4.0.
- The Finance ministry has provided funds to schemes like
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)
- IDEAS Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana
- National Investment and Infrastructure Funds.
Atma Nirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana
- During the announcement, of the Stimulus Package, the Finance Minister introduced the “Atma Nirbhar Bharat Rozgar Yojana”.
- It is launched to incentivize the creation of new employment opportunities during the COVID-19 recovery phase.
- This scheme will benefit new employees of EPFO registered organizations and the new employees who had lost jobs during the COVID-19 times.
International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA)
- IFSCA approved the International Financial Services Centres Authority (Banking) Regulations, 2020.
- This opens the way for making rules for the various aspects of banking operations that would be permissible at the IFSC.
- IFSC International Retail Business Development Committee has presented its final report on Capital Markets to IFSCA.
- The committee also made recommendations for the development of IFSC.
- The Indian Navy launched the fifth Scorpene submarine “Vagir” at Mazagon Dock of south Mumbai.
- Vagir is a part of six Kalvari class submarine that is being built in India.
- The six submarines were built under Project-75 of the Indian Navy.
Read with visualization
- Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB) is trying to develop a maritime cluster at GIFT City in Gandhinagar.
- Maritime Cluster :
- It is an agglomeration of firms, institutions, and businesses in the maritime sector that are geographically located close to each other.
Panna Tiger Reserve
Madhya Pradesh’s Panna National Park has been declared a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- UNESCO has recognized it as a critical tiger habitat.
Read with visualization
- UP forest department and conservation organizations are trying to make the Haiderpur wetland a Ramsar site.
- It is located within the boundaries of the Hastinapur Wildlife Sanctuary.
- It is an important stopover destination for winter migratory birds like the Greylag goose and the Bar-headed goose.