Traditional Medicine Centre
The World Health Organization announced that it is to set up a traditional medicine center in India.
- The new center of traditional medicines will support the efforts of WHO to implement the WHO Strategy of Traditional Medicines 2014-23.
The global trade of traditional medicines stands at 120 billion USD. It is predicted that it might grow to 7 trillion USD by 2050.
- SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft will carry a crew of four people to the International Space Station (ISS).
- The crew-1 mission is a part of the Commercial Crew Program of NASA.
- The aim of the mission is to make access to space easier in terms of its cost, so that cargo and crew are easily transported to and from the ISS.
PM KUSUM scheme
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has made amendments in the implementation guidelines of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyaan (PM-KUSUM).
- It is a scheme for farmers that aim to install solar pumps, grid-connected solar, and other renewable power plants across the country.
Pneumonia and Diarrhoea Progress Report
- On the occasion of World Pneumonia Day (November 12), the International Vaccines Access Centre released the 11th Annual Pneumonia and Diarrhoea Progress Report.
- According to the report, India has made significant progress in vaccination coverage to prevent Diarrhoea and Pneumonia.
- India and ASEAN countries to explore ways to increase trade between them.
- It is important as India’s exit from the 15-nation Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) agreement.
Sino-British Joint Declaration
- Britain has accused China of breaking its international treaty obligations after four pro-democracy lawmakers were ousted from Hong Kong’s legislature on security grounds.
- As per Britain the new rules to disqualify elected assembly members were “a clear breach of the legally binding Sino-British Joint Declaration”.
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- North Korea is unhappy over IAEA’s report which said North Korea’s nuclear weapons stockpile was breaking international law.