- 15 Asian countries signed the world’s largest trade pact under the RCEP.
- The agreement left the doors open for India. However, in 2019, India walked out of the agreement.
Anti Microbial resistance
- The World Health Organization is to celebrate Antimicrobial Awareness Week between November 18, 2020, and November 24, 2020.
- World Antimicrobial Awareness Week is to be celebrated under the theme: “United to Preserve antimicrobials“.
About Anti Microbial Resistance
- The Anti Microbial Resistance (AMR) occurs when parasites, fungi, virus and bacteria no longer respond to medicines.
Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
- The members of APEC held a ministerial meeting virtually.
- During the meeting, the members committed to pursue free and open trade and investment towards the economic recovery from the impact of the covid-19 pandemic.
Reserve Bank Innovation Hub
- Kris Gopalakrishnan, co-founder of Infosys was appointed as the first Chairperson of Reserve Bank Innovation Hub.
- He was appointed by the Reserve Bank of India.
- The Reserve Bank Innovation Hub aims to promote innovation across the financial sector.
- The Union Education Minister inaugurated the Lilavati Awards.
- The Lilavati Award aims to recognize the efforts of AICTE affiliated institutions in treating women.