- The world’s only known White Giraffe was fitted with a GPS tracking device in northeast Kenya.
- The Giraffe is white in color due to a rare genetic condition called Leucism.
- Leucism is the loss of pigmentation.
- As per reports, around 40% of the Giraffe population has disappeared in the last thirty years.
- The IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature) has listed Giraffe under the ‘Vulnerable’ category.
- There are only four species of Giraffe in the world. They are
- Masai Giraffe
- Reticulated Giraffe
- Southern Giraffe(Botswana)
- Northern Giraffe (north of Africa).
HIV Prevention Model of India
- In the Ministerial meeting of the Global Prevention Coalition for HIV prevention meet, the union health minister shared the success of the HIV Prevention Model of India.
About the Model
- It is centered around the concept of ‘Social Contracting”.
- The Targeted Interventions Programme is implemented under this concept.
- Mission SAMPARAK was launched where lost HIV patients were linked back to Anti-Retroviral Treatment services.
- Adolescence Education Programme about HIV in schools.
- HIV/AIDS (Prevention and Control) Act, 2017 was passed.
India countering AIDS
- India is implementing the National Strategic Plan (2017-24) that aims to eradicate AIDS by 2030.
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries launched the Capacity building Component of the Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises scheme.
Capacity building component
- The trainers are to be delivered with classroom lectures and demonstrations through online mode.
- These trainers will in turn train the district level trainers who will ultimately train the beneficiaries.
- It was launched under the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
- It is implemented by the Ministry of Food Processing.
- It aims to assist two lakh micro food processing units to provide technical, financial, and business support
TRACE Bribery Risk Matrix
- The Global Bribery Risk Matrix was released by TRACE. India ranked 77 with a score of 45 on the global list.
- India has performed better than China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nepal.
- Bhutan was the only neighbor that was ranked better than India.
TRACE Bribery Risk Matrix
- The score is calculated based on four parameters.
- Government and civil service transparency,
- business interactions with government,
- capacity for civil society oversight,
- anti-bribery deterrents and enforcement.
- The lesser the score, the lesser is the bribery in the country.
- India and Luxembourg held the first stand-alone summit in two decades.
- Luxembourg is the third-largest source of Foreign Portfolios after the US and Mauritius. The country accounts for 8.5% of the FPI of India.
• Luxembourg is the world’s most important financial centers of the world. Indian companies are raising huge capital through the Global Depository Receipts on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.
Defence Acquisition Procedure of 2020
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) is looking at leasing trainer aircraft and light utility helicopters (LUH) for a short duration.
- Defence Acquisition Procedure (DAP), 2020 allows leasing of military platforms.
Mahatama Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
- LibTech India had recently conducted a study on MGNREGS.
- The report suggests that many rural workers face challenges as they are forced to make multiple trips to the bank, adding travel costs and income losses, and face repeated rejections of payment, and biometric errors.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, the situation is exacerbated as transport becomes harder.