Indira Gandhi Matritva Poshan Yojana
- Rajasthan Government has launched a maternity benefit scheme.
- Under this scheme, mothers will get ₹6,000 for the second child.
- This will supplement the Centre’s Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY).
- Under this scheme, mothers get ₹5,000 for their first child.
Objectives of the Scheme
- To compensate mothers for the loss of wages during pregnancy and after childbirth
- To curb wasting and stunting among children.
- To curb anaemia among mothers.
Office of Profit
- The Joint Parliamentary Committee on Office of Profit is deliberating some changes in the rules.
- They are considering whether an MP can continue to teach at a university and if this draws the provisions of “Office of Profit” rules.
- Article 102 (1): An MP is barred from holding any office of profit under the Central government.
- Article 191 (1): An MLA (or an MLC) is barred from holding any office of profit under the State government.
- The first visit by a U.S. Secretary of State to an Israeli settlement in the occupied West Bank.
- U.S. Secretary of State also issued guidelines for Israeli products made in settlements to be labeled “Made in Israel” or “Product of Israel” when imported to the United States.
- Palestinians accused the U.S. Secretary of Stateof helping Israel to cement its control over West Bank land that they seek for a State.
Safaimitra Suraksha Challenge
- It is launched by the Union Housing and Urban Affairs (HUA) Ministry.
- It is a challenge for 243 cities to switch over to mechanized cleaning of sewers and septic tanks by April 30, 2021.