- Cyclone ‘Nivar’ is heading towards Karaikal in Puducherry and is expected to make landfall on November 25.
- Nivar is the third name to be used from the new list of names for North Indian Ocean Cyclones, released in 2020. It was suggested by Iran.
- There are allegations related to irregularities in the implementation of the Jammu and Kashmir States Land (vesting of ownership to the occupants) Act, also known as the Roshini Act.
- This act has now been declared null and void.
The J&K administration has published a list of Roshni Act beneficiaries.
The beneficiaries include former Ministers and retired civil servants.
- India may record a current account surplus in FY21.
- As there is moderation in import due to under heating of the economy triggered by the Covid-19 crisis.