- Tribute offered to the brave Lachit Borphukan on Lachit Diwas.
- He was a commander in the Ahom kingdom.
- He was known for his leadership in the 1671 Battle of Saraighat
- In this battle Mughal forces were thwarted to take over the Ahom kingdom.
- National Defence Academy (NDA), ever since 1999 has been conferring the best passing out cadet with the Lachit Borphukan gold medal.
Create a memory for Lachit Borphukan
(credit : Tukko TV by Itihasika)
- Rainfall over the Southern peninsular region has been deficient in 2020.
- Reason being, prevalent La Niña condition, along with a low-pressure belt that is currently lying to the north of its normal position.
Explainer Video (credits: Bureau of Meteorology)
- NITI Aayog has released a review report on Poshan Abhiyaan.
- The program seeks to improve nutritional outcomes for children, pregnant women, and lactating mothers.
- Launched in 2018 with specific targets to be achieved by 2022.
- To reduce stunting and wasting by 2% a year (total 6% until 2022) among children.
- To reduce Anaemia by 3% a year (total 9%) among children, adolescent girls, and pregnant women, and lactating mothers.
- The target of the mission is to bring down stunting among children in the age group 0-6 years from 38.4% to 25% by 2022.
Sir Chhotu Ram
- Tributes paid to freedom fighter, Sir Chottu Ram.
- He championed the interest of oppressed communities of the Indian subcontinent.
- He was a co-founder of the National Unionist Party.
- The enactment of two agrarian laws was primarily due to his contribution
- The Punjab Relief Indebtedness Act of 1934
- The Punjab Debtor’s Protection Act of 1936
- These acts emancipated the peasants from the clutches of the moneylenders and restored the right of land to the tiller.
Create a memory for Sir Chottu Ram
(Credit: Hukum Ka Ikka)
- With an aim to help primary cooperative societies play bigger roles in AtmaNirbhar Bharat, the Government has launched Sahakar Pragya, an innovative capacity building initiative for the farmers associated with such entities in the country.
- Under this, farmers in primary cooperatives in rural areas of the country would be trained under Sahakar Pragya by the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC), an autonomous body under the Ministry.
- Under Sahakar Pragya, forty five training modules for transferring knowledge, skills and organisational capacities have been prepared.
‘Har Ghar Nal Yojana’ (Tap Water to Every Household)
- The government of India launched the ‘Har Ghar Nal Yojana’ (Tap Water to Every Household) for the residents of Uttar Pradesh’s Sonbhadra and Mirzapur district.