Sustainable Development Goal investor map
- The Invest India and the United Nations Development Programme has launched the sustainable development goal investor map for India.
- It has laid out 18 Investment Opportunity Areas.
- These investment opportunity areas are in six critical sustainable development goals that were launched by the United Nations.
- The map will enable the factors that will help India in achieving its sustainable development goals.
- Six sustainable development goal enabling sectors such as
- Financial services
- Agriculture and allied activities
- Renewable energy and
- Alternative and sustainable environment.
National Portal for Transgender persons
- The Government of India has launched the National Portal for Transgender persons.
- The portal will help the transgender community to apply for identity cards and certificates online.
- It was developed under the Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Rules, 2020.
- The portal will help the transgenders to obtain the certificate without any physical interface.
- The portal will help the transgenders to get the identity cards in their self-perceived identity.
Renewable Energy Investment - RE-Invest
- Prime Minister inaugurated the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment- RE-Invest.
- It was organized by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).
- The theme was Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition.
- RE-Invest will help the investors to get knowledge about renewable growth.
- The PM-KUSUM scheme replaced 20 lakhs of diesel pumps with solar pumps.
- India has set an ambitious target of having 175GW of renewable energy by 2022 and 450 GW by 2030.