Ethiopia’s Tigray crisis
- Ethiopia is on the brink of a civil war. A domestic conflict is going on in the country’s northern Tigray region.
- The federal government in Ethiopia has vowed to continue a military offensive in the northern Tigray region despite international calls for restraint.
- The row is between the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF), and Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed’s central government.
- The power tussle rose after a regional election was held in defiance of the federal government.
- Details of the crisis can be read here.
Study the topic with Visualization
Vidisha Maitra elected to U.N. ACABQ
- Indian diplomat Vidisha Maitra was elected to the U.N. Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ),
- ACABQ is a subsidiary organ of the General Assembly.
- She was elected from the Group of Asia-Pacific States.
- Members are selected on the basis of broad geographical representation, personal qualifications, and experience.
Study the topic with visualization
Food Coalition by FAO
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations has launched a Food Coalition.
- Proposed by Italy
- To increase resilience of agricultural food systems and ensure global food access.