Topics for History
Modern Indian history from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present- significant events, personalities, issues
> Ibrahim Adil Shah II
- Among the Bijapur Sultans of the Adil Shahi dynasty (1490–1686), Ibrahim Adil Shah II (r. 1571–1627) stands out as a poet, musician and painter, besides being a talented ruler and patron of art.
- Ibrahim belonged to the Sunni Islam sect but was broadminded in his religious views and practices.
- He was devoted to Prophet Muhammad, Hindu deities Saraswati and Ganapati, and Sufi saint Sayyid Muhammad Gisu Daraz (1321–1422) of Gulbarga.
- Ibrahim was well aware of the Indian aesthetic concept of the Rasa (essence), In 1599, he laid the foundation for a new capital, Navraspur, near Bijapur.
- He also issued a coin, the Nun-i-Nauras.
- Ibrahim penned 59 songs and 17 couplets—in Kitab-i-Nauras (Nauras Nama)—in Deccani, which later developed into Urdu.
The Freedom Struggle - its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country
> Comic book on stories of 20 Tribal Freedom Fighters
- The Ministry of Culture has released the third Comic book on stories of 20 Tribal Freedom Fighters on 2nd August at Tiranga Utsav celebration in New Delhi.
- This collection of stories recalls the sacrifices of some of the bravest men and women who inspired their tribes and gave up their lives to fight British rule.
- Read more: Click Here