Topics for Indian Society
* Salient features of Indian Society
> Hattis Community
- The Hattis are a close-knit community that takes their name from their traditional occupation of selling home-grown crops, vegetables, meat, and wool at small-town markets known as ‘haats’.
- Hatti men traditionally don distinctive white headgear on ceremonial occasions.
> Santhals Community
- Santhal is the third largest scheduled tribe community in the country after Gond and Bhil spread across Jharkhand, Odisha and West Bengal.
- Santhals speak Santhali which has its own script called ‘OL chiki’which has been included in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution.
Diversity of India
Population and associated issue
The role of women and women's organization
Effects of globalization on Indian society
Poverty and developmental issues
* Social empowerment
> Jeevan Shala - School initiative by Tribal population
- The students attending the schools are educated not just in regular subjects but also about water, forests and land.
- They are introduced to all the herbs found in the forest as well as edible tubers.
- They are informed about their uses and consumption.
- The ‘Shaala Sangwari’ project in Chhattisgarh’s Kabirdham district aims to employ educated Baiga tribal youth by making them teach their community’s children in primary and middle schools.